Friday, November 21, 2008

Too soon to Judge Gib Armstrong's career

It is clear from the New Era's Nov. 21st interview "Sen. Armstrong looks back on his political life" that Gibson Armstrong considers the Convention Center - Hotel Project to be the cap stone of his public career.

According to Armstrong, "I was not going to run again but then the convention center kind of fell apart, imploded, and I said, 'Well, I'll stick around for one more term to see if I can resurrect it.' And it was successful," Armstrong said. "That's the one thing that I felt was worth sticking around for."

His service to his constituents will ultimately be determined by whether the convention center and the hotel succeed or fail. Thanks in large part to Armstrong's extraordinary efforts and great influence for this mammoth public investment, the very future of the city is at stake.